Welcome to my salt & pepper collection:
Most of these belonged to my mom when she was young. I love the little patriotic set and the praying girls. The cowboy boots are a lot of fun too!
The piano was one of my favorites as a child. Can you tell I took lessons? I love the little hugging ducks too.
I've always liked the toaster set and the Christmas geese are just darling! The book set in the back includes a sugar holder as well.This collection sat in a box for years. It was a lot of fun to find a place to display them and set them free. :0)
Thanks for stopping by! Stop by Kelli's House to find more show & tell sites.
18 comments:
Your salt and pepper shakers are delightful. I like the toaster set the best. I think it is marvelous that you got them out of the box and have them on display. The fact that that most of them belonged to your mother and you remember them as a child is touching and I'm sure makes them even more special for you.
How fun! There's a store I used to go to all the time in Ashland, OR that had a bunch of fun salt and pepper shakers. Your pics reminds me of that store. :)
Boy howdy, does this bring back a lot of fond memories. My mother, bless her heart, saved them from every place she went on vacation!!! She had hundreds. When she passed on, I only kept one pair. This is one super collection, I enjoyed visiting!!!
Mine's shared too, I hope to see you drop by if you haven't already. I'd love to have you for company.
Like Anni, your salt & pepper collection brings back memories. Mom had these and Grandma gave me a Mary Had a Little Lamb set, which I still have. I will have to post it one of these days.
Thanks for sharing. I love all of them.
Blessings,
Mary
You have a wonderful collection! The patriotic boy and girl stand out to me! Thanks for sharing!
These are great, the toaster is especially unique, I think!
Great collection! :) I think I remember seeing some of those sets pass through our house along the way.... :D
Be blessed!
What a collection! Very interesting....Your home is beautiful....
Thanks for visiting with me...Betty
What a fun collection! I recall seeing a few of these in my Grandma's kitchen. I believe my cousin has those now.
Thanks for sharing..
What a great collection, I hope
you find a spot to display them.
they are toooo cute to leave in
a box!
What a great collection. Hope you have just the right spot to display them.
Susan
Great collection! Thanks for sharing
~Amy
Oh my gosh. These are so fun. I used to collect shakers, and lost my collection, so I've decided to start again with a set of (believe it or not) brussels sprout shaped shakers I found at a resale shop.
I sure enjoy seeing your.
Nancy
Love your S&P sets. I started collecting them when I was 11, but haven't actively collected for years. I have everything from cedar tombstones to Colonel Saunders sets. Fun!
Hi Paula!
Yea! I'm so glad that were set free. I just don't get how you can have all these collections just stored away in boxes... Next, the dolls shall be set free too! :o)
-Karolyn
What a great S&P collection, and so special because they were your mother's! I like the little white Scotty dogs!
Katherine
Late making my rounds. Lovely show & tell. Love your S&P shakers! Do stop by. I'll save you a plate of my Just Peachy Cobbler! :D
For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.
This is such a wonderful and fun collection, Paula! The piano is so unique and I love the little squirrels too. Thank you for sharing them with us!
~Kelli
Post a Comment