We've been anxiously waiting for our I-171H to arrive. This is the document that says we're pre-approved by the United States Center for Immigration Services (USCIS) to bring an orphan into the states.
Last night, when I sent an inquiry to our local USCIS office, I was sent an automatic response with FAQ's on it. This automatic e-mail had me convinced that our approval wouldn't come for another month or two. Needless to say, I was feeling sad about it.
Today, I received an e-mail from a real live person at the USCIS office:
Ryan & Paula~
Your application was approved May 9th and it has been mailed out to you. Thanks.
Yeah!!! It's been approved. Now, we just need the National Visa Center (NVC) to get their copy, process it, and forward it to the US Embassy in Addis Ababa.
Once we pass court AND the Embassy has our paperwork, we can make travel plans. :0)
1 comment:
Congratulations! It's such a relief to get that out of the way! I'm praying the rest goes smoothly for you.
Post a Comment