Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Apologies...I've Been Neglecting My Blog

A friend recently tagged me on her blog because: She wants me to update my blog.

Okay...hint taken! ;o) I WILL participate in the tag soon (those with blogs...beware...I MAY tag you!). I thought I'd better give a quick update overview first.

So....

Things are busy but good around here.

Mac seems to be happy most of the time and only has minor spats of normal sibling rivalry with Splat, Cat and KitKat.

Mac and Splat seem to really be bonding as brothers. We're now having to remind them that it's time to GO TO SLEEP and STOP GOOFING OFF during bedtime. ;o) Ryan taught the boys how to make armpit noises this past week so that's been a great bonding experience for them. Not so great for me. LOL!

Mac had a doctor appointment which went really well. The doctor did encourage us to get into the dentist ASAP instead of waiting for our pre-scheduled October visit. We were able to get in to the dentist a couple days later and then scheduled four more appointments as he has MUCH dental work that needs to be done. We had the first of the four appointments earlier this week and he was a real trooper. He had to have a tooth extracted among other things so he was able to have his first experience with the tooth fairy. That was pretty fun and exciting for him! Hopefully it helped take some of the sting out of the discomfort that goes along with the dental work.

The kids are all taking classes this year at our local Parent Partnership School. Mac and Cat seem to enjoy pottery the best but so far the kids are enjoying all their classes. Splat wasn't excited about taking Spanish or Drama but I encouraged him to try them out first and he's really enjoying them both. It makes for a very busy week though as they're at the school on M - Th from 9 to 2:15. Splat has classes during that entire time while Mac, Cat and KitKat's day ends at 1:10. Since I have to pick them up at that time anyway...we sit in the study room and do schoolwork while we wait for Splat's classes to end. I also stay with them and help in their classes on Mondays and Wednesdays. This is along with all our normal Bible, History, Read-Alouds as well as doing extra practice with math, handwriting and reading. It definitely makes for a very busy week.

KitKat has done really well so far. I think it's been good for her to have classes with Mac and Cat so she feels a little more at home. They only have 8 kids in their class so they make up roughly 1/2 of it. LOL! They do a lot of switching from room to room with different teachers but they seem to enjoy the variety.

Tonight, Splat is at his first concert with Ryan. It's an outdoor, in the pouring rain :o(, concert with both Stephen Curtis Chapman and Michael W. Smith. Hopefully they won't get soaked to the bone! We purposely got seats further back and Ryan brought some earplugs, just in case, since Splat's ears are so sensitive. He's VERY excited though. The tickets were one of his birthday presents this summer.

The rest of the kids and I are hanging out, playing, etc. at the same time that I'm working on Awana stuff.

Our first night of Awana is on Monday and there's always SO much to do to get the year started. We still don't have enough leaders so we're not running a full club but it seems there's just as much work to do either way.

Tonight is Splat's b-day present but the fair that goes along with it is his "date" with Dad this month. I took Mac on a "date" last week for the Ethiopian New Year and the girls each get a "date" with one of us next month. It's something we decided to start doing to make sure they get to have some special one on one time with each of us. So next month, Ryan will take Cat out and I'll take KitKat out. Then the next month, I'll take Splat out and Ryan will take Mac out, etc. That's the plan anyway. ;o)

Well, I *think* that's about it for now. I'll follow through on the "tag" in the next couple days (okay MG). I might need to get through our first night of Awana before I find more time to be on here but I think it will be fun so I WILL do it.

Off to eat dinner with the kids....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so mutch fun! i wish my dad and mom took me out to do something like that! i hope Uncle Ryan and Splat had a good time!
Love,
makala

Karleen said...

Glad you are back! I have misssed you. ;)