Thursday, October 2, 2008

Answered Prayer

A couple weeks ago, the kids and I were reading through Window on the World which is one of our home school books and the book mentioned the Jesus Film. Mac lit up with a huge smile as he informed me that he has seen that movie! After a bit of conversation I was able to find out that he saw the movie at Layla in both Amharic and in English. He liked the movie very much and he says that he asked Jesus to be his Savior. Wow!!! So I asked him when he did that and he couldn't tell me for sure. I asked him if it was when he was still 7 or after he turned 8. He said he was 8. That would mean that he accepted Christ sometime between May 28th when he turned 8 and July 21st when we arrived to pick him up. During this time period we were ferverantly praying that his heart would be ready to accept us as his family and that most importantly, he would be open to Christ. We prayed that the Lord would put people in his life that would share the love of Jesus with him. Praise God!!! Our prayers were answered exceedingly, abundantly, above all...

2 comments:

Laci said...

Paula,
That is so cool! God is good!

Carolyn T said...

PAULA!!!! That is the most beautiful thing I have heard all day!!! LOVE IT!!!
ALSO...Since I wasn't able to respond to your TAG..I did the only right thing...and tagged you...that will be on todays post...The rules etc...Can't wait to see your responses!
Love,
Care