The kids were bald as babies and no one stayed bald longer than our first born daughter, Cat. I thought that she would NEVER grow hair and that people would never stop referring to her as a "he." But then, something amazing happened! She started to grow a mohawk of curls. Curly curls.
Alas...they were not meant to stay. Her hair still has lots of wave to it but it's certainly not curly. However, it IS curly compared to Splat and Kit Kat. Mac (the lucky duck) has beautiful natural curls.
The girls like having curly hair but it never lasts for long with the curling iron or hot rollers. About 6 years ago, before Kit Kat was born and when Cat was still living in the land of baldness, my sil put beautiful curls in her girls' hair using rags. Remembering this, I recently asked her to show me how. It takes a long time but it is SO fun!
Here's the before picture:
Here's the rag-tied picture: 
Here's the result:
This was our first attempt at it but the girls are looking forward to having their hair rag tied again. Now if I could just teach them to do it to my hair... ;o)
1 comment:
The girls' hair is darling! I've been waiting for Christmas Eve with much excitement as I'll get to see my family.
Post a Comment