Saturday, January 26, 2008

Friday Fun...The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Friday was an eventful day in our household. After dragging the kids out of bed and catching the 6:30 a.m. ferry, we headed to the doctor.

The Good: Dh & I each had a physical so we can get the necessary paperwork for our adoption. Happy


The Bad: I had to get a tetnus shot and my arm is REALLY sore. Sadly I Can't
The Ugly: Having to step on the scale. Afraid


Since we had to fast for 12 hours before our appointments we were very hungry so we took the kids out to IHOP for breakfast!

The Good: It was YUMMY and dd/6 kept saying, "This is the BEST day of my life!" Laugh

The Bad: I messed up the girls order so instead of face pancakes with strawberries & bananas, they ended up with face pancakes loaded with whip cream, chocolate chips and candied cherries. Oh Jeez

The Ugly: The mess on dd/4's face when we were done. Shock 2

After breakfast, we ran a few errands and then took the kids to see, "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything."


The Good: It was less expensive than we thought it would be because the movie started BEFORE noon. Raise The Roof 2

The Bad: I think a dark theatre might not have been the best choice for dh & myself after getting up at 5 a.m. Sleepy

The Ugly: Those Cheese Curls! (you'll have to see the movie to know what I'm talking about) Sickened

Then we came home so dh could work and I could help ds/8 pack for his first camp experience. After dinner, we all took him up to the campground.


The Good: Ds/8 was REALLY excited and even though I don't know his counselor, it turns out that he's from the church that dh & I went to before moving to the island!

The Bad: He's GROWING UP TOO FAST!!!

The Ugly: In the short time that we were there, the cabin was already starting to smell like sweaty boys & stinky feet! LOL

Then we came home and let the girls have a sleepover together in dd/6's room.



The Good: I LOVE to see them get along and be best friends with one another.

The Bad: They probably stayed up too late and are both a bit cranky today.

The Ugly: The sight of dd/6's room with all the games & books they went through last night.

Whew! I'm exhausted...now it's time for SLEEPY Saturday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!! It gives me a new appreciation for what goes on at this home!! What neat experiences for your family.