Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my Mom's b-day, so I thought I'd share a few of the things I think are so special about her. She taught us kids how to serve the Lord by example. She's always willing to lend a hand and she's one of those people who does all the "behind the scenes" stuff. You know...the ones who we couldn't function without but who often get overlooked. I think she'd usually prefer to be overlooked. She's not one for public speaking or recognition. Recently, she's been helping dh & I with the Awana store for our club. Everytime I see her, she has another box (or 4 boxes sometimes) of stuff that she's picked up for us to put in the store. She prays faithfully for her kids and grandkids. When I told her we were going to adopt, she was very encouraging. She does her best to make herself available regardless of whether it's convenient for her or not. The word that comes to mind is selfless. I can only hope that 30 years from now, when I am the same age as her, my dc will have at least 1/2 as many fond memories of me as I do of my Mom. Happy Birthday Mom. You are special, you are treasured, and you are LOVED!!!

4 comments:

cherished*vintage said...

Hey, I didn't know today was your Mom's B-Day. Happy Birthday to your Mom!!!
-K

Anonymous said...

What a great lady! She also raised a very caring daughter that loves the Lord and loves her family. We are thankful for you both!

Jules said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! What a wonderful post. My mom's bday is the 19th. :)

mary grace said...

What a sweet tribute to your mother!