Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Updates

I've been neglecting my blog! There are so many things that I should have been posting about this week...many that should have pictures but, between sick kids, sick dh & sore throat, I just haven't been able to find the time to load them all up. So....here's what's been happening:

Last Wednesday, dd/4 became dd/5. She has been talking about her birthday for a whole year and the poor thing got sick! She was feeling a little better on Wednesday so we went ahead with her birthday dinner, presents, etc. Thankfully, her "movie party" was scheduled for the following Sunday so she had time to get her energy back.

On Friday, she went to build-a-bear with dh's parents. She made a PINK bunny with rainbow feet & ears who's wearing a PINK outfit & PINK sandals and carries a PINK purse. Why is her room BLUE? LOL!

On Sunday, we picked up her friend and headed across the ferry to have her "movie party." The ferry dock was under repair so we ended up sitting in line for over 2 hours! The girls had been looking forward to it for so long that we didn't feel we could postpone so we sat. I told dh, "chalk it up as one of those things we just do for our kids because we love them! :0)" When we FINALLY got across the water, we went to see "Horton Hears a Who" and then ended the day with dinner at IHOP with their "Horton Hears a Who" menu items. Unfortunately, the family we were going to meet on the otherside had come down with the "crud" that's going around and weren't able to join us. Overall, though dd/5 had a wonderful time and definitely felt celebrated!

Saturday was our day of Awana competition. Dh & I coached both the Sparks-A-Rama team and the boys T&T team. Both teams took 3rd place on their circle. The kids all seemed to have a great time. Due to the "crud" that's going around we ended up short a few players for each team. Thankfully the ministry team were able to get a couple kids to join our teams allowing us to compete.

My brother & his family were there as my niece was competing with her church's club so it was fun to see them. Her brother, my nephew, had just flown home from West Point the night before so it was a real treat to see him too! S (my niece) was competing for her last time in the Awana games so it was extra special to see her team take 1st place!

Another exciting thing happened this past week. One of the boys in Ethiopia that dh & I have been praying for has a family! My friend in NC and her dh were led to adopt this particular child and my prayers have been answered exceedingly, abundantly above all I could hope or imagine for this child. It would be SO neat if we get to travel to Ethiopia to pick up our sons at the same time!

On our end of things, paperwork is moving! We received, signed & sent back our placement papers for MAC. The immigration papers have been sent out and our dossier was being assembled for delivery to Ethiopia. We just found out that a boy in MAC's class at Layla has been adopted by a family that lives about 2-3 hours from us so we're hoping to plan some get togethers once they're both home. Now, we're waiting on paper processing, group assignment, court date, etc. It'll be fun to get MAC & ds/8's room ready, while we're waiting. I have SO many things I'd like to get done. Hopefully, it will help make the time go by fast.

Oh...I should also mention that dd/6 FINALLY has her desk in her bedroom. Dh put it in her room on 3/9 and she's VERY excited!

Whew! I think that's everything I wanted to update for the week. If there's something I forgot, I'll be sure to blog later! :0)

No comments: