Today I mailed MAC's welcome bag to our agency, AAI. This is our one chance to send him something besides a picture and stickers. Our agency has well thought out guidelines regarding this for the purpose of making things as fair as possible for all the waiting children.
This is what we included:
A welcome letter to introduce him to our family.
A photo album with pictures of each of the kids (a drawing from each of them), our family, our home, the basketball hoop, the swingset, our classroom, etc.
A t-shirt for him to wear with a picture of our family. This is the children's way of announcing that they have a family.
A sheet of stickers
A small ball that lights up when you throw it
A 3 in 1 lego set. Ds/8 insisted that we put one of them together for him so we assembled the propeller airplane (if it survives the trip). He can take them apart and make a jet or a helicopter.
A disposable camera with our name and address on it. I can't wait to see the pictures he takes!
Everything must fit easily into a gallon size zipper bag and weigh less than 3 lbs. I was nervous that the camera was going to add too much weight. I shouldn't have worried! The whole thing weighs 1 lb 2 oz. I sure hope our agency is able to send it to him this month and that someone will snap a picture of him opening it.
It seems like so little but as our agency says, we'll have plenty of opportunity to spoil him when he gets home!
1 comment:
YIPPEEE!!! I love the shirt. I can't wait to hear more about MAC!!!
Post a Comment