I was blessed to attend a Women of Faith conference this weekend so I haven't been posting my menus. I did record Thursday's menu before I left but I never posted it. I made a list of ideas for my dh to feed the kids and I believe they followed it so I've listed those days menus as well. I was home for dinner Saturday evening so I know that meal's correct.
I'm also very happy to report that I stuck to the program while I was gone eating only the parts of my box lunches that were wheat free and making good choices at Duke's Chowder House where my wonderful traveling group ate dinner and the Silver Cloud where we stayed and were served breakfast.
Thursday's Menu:
Breakfast:
oatmeal with sliced bananas, granola and almond milk
orange juice
Morning Snack:
3 rainier cherries
1 T raw sesame seeds
Lunch:
cheese, pepperoni & ham slices
celery with homemade dip
apples
Afternoon Snack:
dried berries & walnuts
Dinner:
baked salmon
rice
stir fryed peppers
pears
Evening Snack:
popcorn
Friday's Menu:
Breakfast:
yogurt with granola
Morning Snack:
apples
Lunch:
peanut butter & jelly on rice cakes
carrots
string cheese
mandarin oranges
Afternoon Snack:
dried fruit
Dinner:
green salad with chicken
watermelon
Evening Snack:
frozen yogurt
Saturday's Menu:
Breakfast:
scrambled eggs
gluten free pancakes
orange juice
Morning Snack:
celery & peanut butter
Lunch:
nachos (corn chips with cheese & salsa)
apples
Afternoon Snack:
1/2 banana dipped in peanut butter & granola
Dinner:
chili
cornbread (gluten-free)
canned pears
Evening Snack:
1 gluten free shortbread cookie
I am happy to report that the kids are starting to take the focus on what they are not allowed to eat and moving it toward what they are allowed to eat. Ahhhh...progress.
Here's an interesting note: I started this post on Thursday and even though I'm not actually posting it until Sunday, it's still giving it the date of Thursday. If anyone knows how I can change that...leave me a comment. ;o)
No comments:
Post a Comment