Breakfast:
fried eggs
orange juice
Morning snack:
sunflower seeds
Lunch:
ham, cheese, pepperoni
carrots & celery with dip
bananas
Afternoon snack:
chips & salsa
Dinner:
baked chicken breasts with bbq sauce
dill potato salad
rainier cherries
Evening snack:
fruit bars
One week of our new-lifestyle down. On my first post regarding KitKat's allergy, I announced we were going gluten-free. I was mistaken. We are not going gluten-free, we are going wheat-free. I've done some research and discovered that in other areas of the world, there are gluten-free products that contain wheat. However, in the US, if something says it is gluten-free, it is wheat free as well. Gluten is in wheat but it is also in other grains such as oats. KitKat is not gluten intolerant but is allergic to wheat. Therefore, we're able to eat some things that someone who is gluten intolerant cannot. Often times I will look for gluten-free products because I know that they don't contain wheat. I'll still list things as gluten-free at times but if you are gluten-free, please take note that these things are not all gluten-free.
No comments:
Post a Comment