Monday, March 3, 2008

We know who MAC is!

Oh, my heart! I've TRIED not to get too attached. I've TRIED not to fall in love. But it happened. I'm attached, I'm in love, and now I can admit it because we know he's ours, or he will be once we pass court.


I wish I could post a picture but he's not "officially" our child until after we pass court and we don't want to do anything to jeopardize the process.


But for all intense purposes, we know who MAC is. We know where he is. We know a little tiny bit about his history. And for now, that is HUGE.


We're putting together a welcome bag. We get to send him a bag w/ a letter, pictures, etc. to introduce him to our family. Hopefully, we'll get to see a picture of him opening it. I wonder what he'll think. I wonder if he'll be excited to have siblings.


I'm sure it will start to seem real to him that he's coming to America. I can only imagine his apprehension.


He's suddenly SO real to us.


I showed dd/4 his picture when I picked her up from preschool today. I asked her if she knew who it was. She said, "MAC?" hopefully. When I said, "yes!" she beamed with excitement and asked if she could show his picture to her teachers. "Will he be here for my birthday?" she asked. (her birthday's in 9 days). "Ummmmm, no, it's still gonna be a looooooong time sweetheart."


I don't think she cares....she's just so excited to have a picture to hold & to know who he is. We all are!

3 comments:

islander said...

What a special day! To put a face to the child you have dreamed about. God is good!! Can't wait to meet him. We continue to pray for a smooth process. The Lord is in control!

cherished*vintage said...

Hi Paula! I can imagine you are all in love already - I know I'd be. We're all excited for him to come home!
-K

Karleen said...

Yeah! I got goosebumps. :)
Congrats....Now I have to go back on the video and find him!!