Another slightly edited post from September:
Has God Ever Pulled Your Hair? Chp 2 of our adoption story begins...
Well, chapter 2 is beginning. On Friday, Dh and I shared our news with our parents. We also sat down with dc to let them know we were beginning the process.
The oldest dc have spoken several times about adopting and wanting another sibling but the youngest dc has never said much. (Of course she's only 4). Still, I was worried about whether or not she would really understand and how she would respond.
The Lord is so good! He's given me total peace about dd/4 through her reaction on Friday. She's going to adjust and be just fine! She was adamant that she wanted at least two new siblings. Then she said... "lots & lots of kids! Zillions and zillions!"
I asked her how many seatbelts we had in our van and without skipping a beat she said, "Let's buy a new car!" (I don't know what kind of car would hold zillions & zillions of kids....Ahhh to be 4 again and have a limited sense of reality... )
Slowly, the news is spreading to our extended family and IRL friends. I expect that we'll be ready to send in our application to AAI this week.
I'm already praying for MAC (My African Child). My stomache is already full of excited butterflies and we have months & months of waiting to go through... It's just so neat to watch the Lord pull pieces together & He's already worked miracles to get us to this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment